Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 10, 2015

SEMANA 49!!!


Hola todos!  


Wow, this week was really crazy! So wow, I don´t know where to even begin... This week was kinda rough. (haha) We had the same old same old, intercambios, studies with the Hermanas, and prosyliting, but we found out Pablo's been having some problems with the Palabra de Sabiduria. (Word of Wisdom) We found out he has a bit of a drinking problem... So that´s been fun. (haha) It´s actually been kind of a nightmare. We got a call from his wife, Wanilda, Saturday night and passed by, and she told us he didn't even come home the night before, and that his mom was ready to kick them out of the house... It was a pretty stressful situation, we told her she needed to come to church the next morning and talk to the Bishop. So she did. The bishop's been great. He´s helping them so much. The church is going to rent an apartment for them. Miracle! We had a lesson with Pablo on Sunday, and just told him we´re here to support him and help him stop drinking. It was so hard... but he´s so great. Just looking at him I could tell he was broken, and that the only thing that could fix him is the Atonement. I kept having flashbacks to working with Hermano Flor. Then atonement is an amazing thing. We can literally change our entire nature if we use it in our lives. We explained that to Pablo and offered our support. I know he´s going to get better! These things just take time, but with the atonement anything is possible. He really has the desire to make things right, and that´s what counts! We´re praying really really hard for him and his family.  

But yeah, that´s about all that happened this week. It was kinda a rough week! (haha) But I know it´s only up from here! I´m working hard, and I really feel like we´re doing God´s will in this area. Hermana Ball and I are meant to be here helping Pablo get through this. I know this is God´s work and that he has a plan for all of his children. We just have to have confidence in that plan and keep pushing and using the Atonement in our lives to become the people that our Heavenly father wants us to become. I know without a doubt that anything is possible with Christ. I love this gospel and I love the mission, the ups and the downs. Because I know God´s molding me into the person that he needs me to become. It´s a once in a lifetime experience, and I love it! I love you all. Thank you so much for your support and prayers, I feel them every day! Have a great week!

Hermana Austin
Moroni 10:32-33

No comments:

Post a Comment