Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 10, 2015

SEMANA 42!!!


Hola Todos!


Wow, what a crazy week!! (haha) Really though, this week was the best! (haha) So, first of all, we had Cambios this last Wednesday! I have a new comp! Her name's Hermana Ball, and she´s AWESOME!!! (hahaha) We get along SO well!! We're already REALLY good friends! She´s crazy, and we are always laughing... always! We just have a good time together, it's the best! (haha) Cambios are so crazy!! Hermana Bennett left her Hija in the middle of her training to be a Hermana Lider!! (haha) And, it gets better, she´s in Caacupe with Hermana Cheney!! Va a matar su abuela!! (hahaha!) But really, she's super young in the mission to be a Hermana Lider. Needless to say, I'm super proud of my Hija... (hahaha)

Okay on to more important things...  PABLO!!! Wow he's AMAZING!! So prepared! We passed by to visit him Thursday morning, and sat down to share with him and Wanilda. When we taught him the Restoration, we challenged him to pray to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. So we sat down and started talking and I asked him how his prayer went. He looked at me and said, "Oh yeah I have to tell you something..." He then proceeded to tell us that he and Wanilda prayed together on Sunday night to know if the things we were teaching him were true. They went to bed and the next morning he was just wondering how God was going to answer his prayer. Wanilda left for work and he stayed in the house. As he was getting ready to leave he saw her Book of Mormon in Portuguese on the coffee table and decided to open it. He opened to Alma 5:38! "El buen pastor os llama..." You will have to look it up, but it's a super powerful verse saying that the Good Shepherd is calling, and we all need to listen to the call! He then told us that that was his answer! He's AMAZING!! He and Wanilda came to church alone yesterday and we gave him a picture of the Temple for fathers day cause he doesn't have kids! He almost cried he was so happy and then told us that their goal as a family is to get sealed in the Temple!!! WOW!!! I was so happy! He's really SO prepared!!! He's going to get baptized this Saturday! It's been a miracle. I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to get to know him and Wanilda and help him come to know the truth. I love them both so much! The mission is amazing. The end. 

The rest of this week has been literally nuts! Ahh! One of the other sister missionaries in our ward sprained her ankle and can't leave to prosylite! We have had to do divisions with them these last few days so they can keep their area alive while she recuperates! One of us stays in the appt with her while the other leaves with her comp to work in both areas. (hahaha) Let's just say I don't enjoy hanging out in the appt all day! I had to stay in yesterday and I was so BORED!!! (haha) It really helped me see how much of a blessing it is that I can work every day! Sometimes as a missionary we get lazy and think that it would be easier to stay in the house and relax! (We never do of course) (haha) But I realized this week that it's NOT fun at all!!! We are here to do the Lord's work and the only time we're truly happy is when we are out working!! Hopefully this Sister gets feeling better soon because I can't stay in the appt many more days!!!  

(haha) Other than that, it's been an AMAZING week!!! I sure do love the mission!! Thank you all for your support and prayers I love and miss you all!!! Have an awesome week back home!!

Hermana Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment