Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Friday, August 28, 2015

SEMANA 32!!!


Hola Todos!  


Wow, this week was great! First of all...we came across a gold mine on Monday after I wrote you all. (haha) We were walking around the grocery store, and all of a sudden we saw JIFF Peanut Butter! (haha) I was like a kid in a candy store, no joke! (haha) It was the greatest P-Day of my life! We bought like six of them, which probably wasn't necessary, (haha) but that's what we did! Needless to say, we've been eating peanut butter with everything, and I'm hoping it lasts for a while, 'cause I love peanut butter!

Anyways, like I said, this week was awesome! First of all, I'll give you all a little update on Teofido! He's AMAZING! We were definitely guided to finding him and Ruth. Anyways, we visited him on Thursday with an RM in our ward named Fernando. Let's just say Fernando's legit! (haha) It was like teaching with another missionary.  Anyways, Fernando just got Teofido to open up, and he told us that he was in a really bad place when we found him, but since we've come and started to teach him about the Savior, his life's gotten a whole lot better, and that he's willing to do whatever it takes to change! He even showed it on Sunday, and came to church after working for 24 hours on Saturday! He's got his baptismal date for the 25th of April!  

We are also still working a lot with the Familia Cesped! You all already know about them and the situation. We passed by to visit them again on Tuesday, and to our surprise, Antonio had drank again... It was pretty sad, I'm not gonna lie, but we're learning we have to have patience! We talked about repentance and he told us that he wants to stop for his family. We told him we were there to support him, and that he just needs to keep TRYING to do the things he knows he needs to do. Saddest part about it, is we don't feel like we should wait any longer on Patricia's baptism. She NEEDS to get baptized, she's ready, and she shouldn't have to wait until her dad can do it. She's getting baptized this Saturday! I'm super excited, 'cause I love this family. I mean it's not exactly what I hoped for, but they're still doing awesome! They came to church again yesterday, and everything!  

Cool little tidbit on the familia Cesped! So on Saturday they had a Birthday party for their youngest Juancito. It was so cool! (haha) Marta made hot chocolate with cookies, and we ate cake with the whole neighborhood! It was so CHILL!! So Paraguayo. It was just like a little neighborhood get together! I kept thinking about the parties back home, and how much everyone stresses over the games, and the gifts, and every little detail, and here in Paraguay it's like "Hey Juan turned two, let's eat some cake and hot chocolate with cookies!" SUPER TRANQUILO!! (haha) I love it here!  

Anyways, life's good! I love it here, and I love being a missionary! Thank you all for your support! Have an awesome week, love you all!

Love, Hermana Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment