Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Semana 22!!


For this week, there was a disclosure at the end of Amberly's letter stating that I couldn't reproduce or distribute the email. I'll summarize her letter for you all, and you can fill in the blanks!

Hola Todos!!

This week was AMAZING!!! So, this Tuesday, we were walking along in Yukyty (the poor part of our area) and a truck passed by... I've picked up the habit of looking in the windows of all of the trucks that pass by because Hermano Flor works with these trucks. So I look up to check, and there sitting in the passenger seat is RUBEN FLOR!!! (haha) He's the 16 year old son! So, anyways, just like last week I was super excited to see him and he told me they're all doing great!! He also told me that they are always working in my area so I'll probably be seeing them here and there for the next few months! How cool is that? Anyways, it made my day! (haha) I love the Familia flor.

So I have to thank you all for your prayers for Karen this week because, WOW we have seen so many miracles with her! On Friday, we passed by and shared with her and then she was like, "Hey, my mom's free for a few minutes, do you guys want to talk to her about my baptism?" We were like, "Sure." So we go inside to talk to her mom, and I was just like, "So, your daughter wants to get baptized next Saturday, and we don't want to baptize her without your permission, what are your thoughts on that?" (haha) One thing I've learned here in the mish is that you've just gotta be straight up with people! (haha) I'm no longer the beat around the bush, shy person I was when I left... Anyways, so her mom goes, "Yeah, that's fine, I don't have a problem with it." She then told us she's going to try to get work off so that she can come! We were dumbstruck, and Karen was too!!! All I know is that Heavenly Father answers prayers! We also had a mini problem with Karen this last Saturday. We passed by to visit and she was like, "So what happens if I can't come to church tomorrow? Could I still bet baptizednext Saturday?" We were like, "Well, you have to come to church three times, so no, probably not." She was really worried and told us she had another commitment this last Sunday and wouldn't be able to come to church... Anyways, to make a long story short, we organized it so that she could go to another ward at a different time, and left worried that it wasn't going to work out... We prayed and prayed and prayed for a miracle Saturday night, andSunday morning, like a half hour before church, she called us and was like , "Hey, I'm not going to my other thing, and I want to come to church. Can you guys pick me up?" MIRACLES!!! Karen is going to get baptized this Saturday!!!!!!

Anyways, that's about all that happened here this week!! Life is good! I love the mish, and I love all of you!! Have an awesome week!!

Hermana Austin

All that was left out of this letter, was that they had a special visitor come to their ward and teach Relief Society. I'll not give any details, but I did receive this picture from Amberly this week. I sure do LOVE my sweet missionary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment