Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 5, 2015

Semana 19!!!


Hola Todos!!!

What a week it has been!!! (haha) It's been crazy getting to know a new area and a new comp and everything, but I'm doing just great! We found a TON of people last week that have a lot of promise to progress towards baptism so that's been fun. We found a MIRACLE on Wednesday. There's a part of our area that's really poor, and we were contacting there in the afternoon and we ran into three sisters named Nigeli, Yessica, and Michel. To make a long story short, Yessica and Nigeli are members already, and Michel is 9 years old and hasn't been baptized yet! We invited her to be baptized and she said YES! She's awesome! I love working with the kids, it's so much fun to teach the gospel SIMPLY! Anyways, come to find out all three of them told us that they don't think their mom will give permission for Michele to be baptized. We told them we would talk with their mom and see.

Anyways, so we were praying really hard for an opportunity to get to know their mom a little better cause she works a ton and is super busy. We decided to fast for it on Sunday. We passed by Sunday afternoon to teach Michel and her sisters, and their mom was there, but they were moving their house to another part of our area. We decided to ask if we could help. The mom said yes they needed help! (haha) So we helped them build their house yesterday...  In our skirts! (haha) It was like building a little fort! It was so fun, and the best part was that we won the confidence of Micheles parents! (haha) I'm not gonna lie, I was exhausted after but it was all worth it. Michele is going to get baptized on the 17th, si o si!! One thing I learned with Hna Cheney is that we really need to show the Lord that we are willing to do whatever it takes to help these people. When we really do that, that's when we start to see miracles happen. I'm sure a lot of Sisters would have just told Michele and her family that they would come back another day to teach, but we went the extra mile to help them out. I know from experience that the Lord is going to help us because we've shown that we are really willing to go the extra mile!

One thing I learned this week was that my Trainer was AMAZING! Wow! (haha) Being the Senior Comp's a little bit different...  The good thing is Hermana Cheney had me prepared. Sounds funny but it's the truth! (haha) She taught me how to do EVERYTHING! And it's been such a blessing this past week. Hermana McDougal's amazing, but her trainer didn't help her learn the little things like Hermana Cheney did with me. I've really seen how big of a blessing it is that I know how to fill out our paperwork, and how to do all of the little things that we need to do as missionaries.  

Anyways, that's about it for this week! It's been a good one as usual, we're working hard and having fun! I love you all. Hope you have an awesome week!  

Hermana Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment