Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 5, 2015

Semana 18!!!


Woah what a week!! First of all we had Changes again this morning, and I am in a new area!!! The area's called Ita Enramanda, and it is in the CITY! It's a little weird, and I feel a little out of place coming from the house of the Familia Flor, but it's all good! My companion´s name is Hermana McDougal, and she´s from Arizona! She´s awesome, and she´s NEW to the mission. It's her first change after her training, and she´s still getting used to the Spanish. I´m actually Senior Comp, which is crazy 'cause I´m still really new! But I'm excited to get to work here! Hna McDougal has told me this area's a little dead, as far as baptisms go, but I´m optimistic! I know we are going to find people, and there are a ton of people in our Carpeta de Area (Folder with all of our paperwork that we have to fill out) that have been to church three times, which is a BLESSING! That means we just have to resolve their doubts and they can get baptized, sí o sí!! Anyways, I'm super excited to get started here. I know there are people that we need to find and help them in their lives. Heavenly Father sent me here for a reason, and I'm excited to find the people that I'm supposed to find here!  

Not gonna lie, it was hard saying goodbye to the Familia Flor yesterday. They were all pretty sad to see me leave, but I told them that I can go to the temple with them in October, and they were all stoked! I´m so excited for that day! Also, Hermano Flor blessed the Sacrament yesterday, and it was perfect! And the oldest son that´s been baptized, Ruben, passed it! Can´t think of a better way to end my time in Costa Bonita than that! It was such a cool experience to see their progress in the gospel. If there´s one thing I´ve learned here, it's that the gospel changes lives. I've seen so many amazing changes in that family, and I´m so grateful I got the opportunity to teach and help them. They are really special, and I miss them all already!

We also had the Actividad Del Fin Del Año this week which was a blast! The entire mission was together for the day and it was a party! We played Fútbol and volleyball and all kinds of games and just had fun for a day! I also got to see Hermana Cheney again which was AWESOME! She has two baptisms this Saturday and is happy as ever! One of the best parts of our area is that we get to have Intercambios with her again!!!! (haha) I´m so excited can´t even wait, she's literally one of my best friends.  

Christmas was awesome. We passed by for the Familia Flor Christmas Eve to give them their Christmas presents, (Thanks Mom!) and I have never seen happier kids to recieve something so small! Ricardito y Joni, the two youngest, they're 8 and 6 years old, were so excited to get those little cars. I've never seen them so happy. Not gonna lie, it was an eye opening experience. They have so little, but are happy, thanks to the gospel! I´m going to miss the Familia Flor a lot!  

Anyways that´s about it this week.  I know nothing about my new investigatores right now. I´ll have to tell you about them next week! Love you all. It was awesome to talk to you on Christmas! Have an awesome New Year! Have an awesome week!

Love, Hermana Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment