Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 4!!!!



Familia y Amigas!

This week was amazing! Literally, I don't even know where to start! I will start with prosyliting on Saturday because it was awesome. We were knocking doors like normal, right accross from the church actually, and we ran into Pedro. He's twenty one and a really short and stocky Latino. Honestly, he reminded me a lot of Chris Warner, only Latino, not Asian. Anyway, he seemed really interested in the church, and we taught him a little about the Book of Mormon, and told him that it can literally change lives! He told us when we finished that hes been needing something like this in his life. We also told him that God loves and knows him personally and wants him to be happy. This really meant a lot to him. He told us he has a four year old daughter, and what he wants most for her is to know and understand that there's always someone who knows and loves her. It was amazing. We got his contact information as a reference and told him that other missionaries would come visit him and talk more about the church. He was amazing and I hope our contact with him goes somewhere.
 
Another story from prosyliting that was just as incredible was Ana, Juan, and Paz.  Remember that guy with the wife who's an alcohol addict I talked about last week? We were in the same area on Saturday and we decided we should go back and talk with him again for a minute, so we went over to where he said his house was and clapped at the door. His son, Juan answered. Juan told us that Mariano (the dad) wasn't there right now. I, being the amazing missionary I am, asked him if we could teach him for a minute. He said that would be great and INVITED US INSIDE!!!!! His sister Paz (Peace in english) was there too, and she joined us while we taught OUR FIRST DISCUSSION INSIDE A HOUSE!!!! Literally, the coolest thing ever. We taught them a little about basically everything. We were just about to wrap up and I was bearing my testimony of the Book of Mormon when Ana walked through the door. She is the mom/wife. She was confused to see us, and Juan told her who we were and she seemed REALLY interested to hear our message.  So we started teaching her, I will tell you right now, I've never felt the Spirit so strongly as I did on Saturday. Hermana Thorne started to bear her testimony at the end, and I looked up and Ana was crying. She was so grateful for us and told us that she needed this message. She was feeling the Spirit. We closed with a prayer, and I said it. Honestly, there wasn't anything special about it. I gave a normal prayer, but I really put my whole heart and soul into it. When I finished I looked up and Ana was crying again. She thanked us again for coming and it was obvious they didnt want us to leave, but we needed to go back to the bus. (We had been there for at least an hour.) Paz asked us what we liked to do and Hna Coleman and I both said basketball, and they both thought that was interesting because basketball isn't very big here. Anyways, when Hermana Thorne said she was a singer they asked us to sing something. We agreed and decided to sing I Am A Child of God. We sang the first verse twice, once in English and once in Spanish. I never realized the power the words in that song have. It's a song you learn when you're a baby and sing your whole life, but I think you never really realize it's importance until you sing it to someone who doesn't understand the gospel. The song was amazing and Ana cried AGAIN! The spirit was so strong in that lesson, and I am so sad that I dont get to go back and teach them again. I really hope the missionaries go back to teach them. We got their contact info and everything. Oh, and mom, they wanted to add us on facebook 'll give you their info later.
 
Anyways, aside from prosyliting we had an awesome fireside on Sunday. Hna Thorne sang The Olive Tree which is beautiful, and there was a Latino elder who sang I'm Trying to be Like Jesus, which was also beautiful, but the best part was at the end. We sang Hijos De Dios. I'm not sure what it translates to in English, but it's a mash up of As Sisters In Zion and Armies of Helaman.  It's beautiful , look it up! Music is amazing!!! 
 
I don't have much more time for today, so I'll end with that. Thank you all for the emails and support. I love you guys!!! The Chuch is TRUE!! Have an AMAZING week!!!!!

Love, Hermana Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment