Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

SEMANA 58!!!

Proverbs 3:5-6  My favorite scripture.:

Hola!

Wow, this last week was a crazy week filled with Divisions, lots of missionary work, and LOTS and LOTS of rain! (haha) It´s been raining so much, it´s crazy! But, it´s probably a good thing...better than the heat! Also, I've picked up a habit of jumping in all the rain puddles with my nice rubber boots! I´m a child...but it´s pretty fun. 

Funny story, like I said it´s been raining a TON! When it rains like that all the giant toad frogs start coming out! That happens a lot more if you´re out of the city, but on Tuesday night we were walking along and along comes a FROG! (haha) We were pretty stoked, and started chasing it around like a couple of children... While we were running around, we had a thought... "Wanilda´s scared of frogs, and this is a frog, we should take it home and scare her with it!" (hahaha) Luckily, Hermana Ball is fearless. She picked it up, and we hauled it home. We got home and Wanilda wasn't home, but we showed Pablo and he started laughing and was like ¨She´s gonna kill you guys!¨ We put it in a bucket outside, and headed off to Ward Night in the church. When we got back we were talking with Pablo and Wanilda 'cause they were both home and showed Wanilda the frog... (hahaha) She screamed! It was pretty funny. Best part is it´s a story she´ll talk about for forever...I love frogs and Paraguay and Pablo and Wanilda.

(haha) Other than that, this week was full of rain and more rain. The great part is even though the weather was horrible we still saw tender mercies from the Lord. I saw my first MONKEY here! (haha) It was just tied up like a pet! I have pictures but I left my camera...Next week! On an especially hard day, we were out working in the rain when we stopped at a less-actives house to use the bathroom. When we finished we started getting up to leave and the Hermana goes ¨Are you guys hungry?¨ (haha) and without skipping a beat turned and ran into her kitchen and started making a snack! We looked at each other flabbergasted and sat down on her couch and started playing with the kids! She gave us some Cocido and tortillas, which is like hot chocolate here... (haha) It was such a blessing. We thanked her and she was like, ¨Yeah you both just looked really tired...I thought it was the least I could do to give you something to eat.¨ I am so thankful for the people here and all over the world that take care of the missionaries. Sometimes all you need as a missionary is a little reminder like that God´s mindful of us and knows what we need...Even when it´s something so little as a member making you a snack on a rainy day!

I love the mission! Can´t believe how fast it goes by! Thank you all for your support and your prayers! Love you all, and have a great week!

Hermana Austin

PS  Also we've started PONDERIZING our weekly scripture and I thought I´d add it into my emails!  Mine this week is Proverbs 3:5-6 ¨Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.¨ 

No comments:

Post a Comment