Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

SEMANA 55!!!



Hola todos!  


So, wow, this last week was crazy! (haha) First of all, to start off the week, I got super sick... (haha) Last Monday, I woke up with a horrible sore throat, chills, and a fever. I knew it was STREP! So much for going my whole mission without getting sick. (haha) So, we had leadership council that morning which is like, si o si, we have to be there, so I went and suffered through that, BUT that´s not really important, (ha) I just thought I´d let you all in on the fact that in Paraguay you don´t have to go to the doctor and get a prescription! (haha) It was the funniest thing, I diagnosed myself and we walked down to the pharmacy and bought Amoxicillin, and it was super cheap! I got on the antibiotic and was fine by Wednesday morning... So that was fun!  

Other than that the week was pretty rough, 'cause I was sick and had to stay in Monday and Tuesday, 'cause we didn't want to give everyone strep and all... When stuff like that happens it really kills the area. We spent most of this last week trying to find our investigators and failing. It was a good time. Also, Pablo´s had a bad relapse with his WoW problem, like so bad he´s going to go to a clinic for addicts on Thursday. Right now he´s just kind of waiting in limbo which is pretty crazy, and scary cause he could just go out and get drunk whenever he wants 'cause he´s no longer working. We've been pretty worried and stressed. On Saturday, I found a great quote about the atonement and grace of God. It basically says that with the help of the Savior we can overcome all of the challenges we have in life. Ahh, I wish I had it with me!! I forgot...anyways, it´s great. We decided to write it on a note card and slipped it under Pablo y Wanilda´s door before we left. We did that and then left... We then had this horrible day, we got rejected, and literally no one opened their doors for us. We taught one menos activo.  Seriously, one of the hardest days I´ve had in a long time. We were so sad and upset about it, and having a lot of negative thoughts about our day and our week in general. We got home and were sharing with Pablo and Wanilda, they asked us about our day, and we were just like ¨It was horrible nobody wants anything to do with us...¨ They both looked at us and then Pablo goes, ¨You know what Hermanas, your day wasn't a waste, it wasn't horrible.  That note you gave me today¨gave me the strength to  keep from leaving and going and getting drunk. So don´t say you had a bad day, you did what God wanted you to.¨ Talk about a humbling moment for the both of us. I wanted to cry I felt so loved and felt the spirit so strong. It was a testimony to me that this is the Lord´s work and we are here to do it in the way that he wants. We just have to be obedient and put our trust in him, and know that when we are doing that it doesn't matter how our day went. It was a day in God´s service, so it was a success.  

I love the mission, and I love being a missionary. It´s the hardest and most rewarding thing I've ever done. I've found that it´s in the hard times that I grow and learn the most. Funny how God works like that! It would be great if you all could be praying for the area, we really could use all the help we could get. Thank you all for your support and prayers, I do feel them every day! I love you all so much! Have a great week!  

Hermana Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment