Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Semana 9!!!


Familia y Amigas!  

WOW, WOW, WOW! What a week! (haha) We had a BAPTISM!!! Ruben, from the Familia Flor, got baptized yesterday, and it was so awesome! He´s 15 years old, and just an awesome kid. He's been coming to church for a LONG time, has like 6 asistencias (assists?), and we finally just had a really awesome lesson with him on Monday, and he accepted the baptism invitation! It was awesome!  

Speaking of the Familia Flor, they are doing great! We taught them about temples last night, and they really are just so eager to learn everything! Hermano Flor received the priesthood yesterday too! I can´t even believe how amazing and different this family is. He is a completely different person than before, and has changed so much. They are going to feed us dinner tomorrow, which is a huge sacrifice for them, but they want to help us because they understand that when they feed the missionaries they'll receive blessings! Last night Hermano Flor said the closing prayer, and it was literally AMAZING!! I can hardly believe how much he's grown. In the beginning, the way we taught them to pray was: we wrote 3 parts in a Book of Mormon, 1) Padre Celestial [Heavenly Father] 2)Te Doy Gracias... [I'm thankful...] 3)Te Pido... [I ask...] 4)En el nombre de Jesucristo Amen [In the name of Jesus Christ] Like that, and then where there are periods we tell them they can say stuff like, "I'm thankful for my family, my health, my job."  Little things, right?  It's like teaching a little kid to pray. But last night Hermano Flor gave the most amazing prayer. He said he was thankful for the opportunity he had to find the true church, and for the help he's received for his family, and for God's help in sending the missionaries. Hermana Cheney and I were literally almost crying. It was so amazing, and the spirit was so strong! THE GOSPÊL CHANGES LIVES PEOPLE!!!

Cool story this week I had to give a lesson in our district meeting. In Spanish, no less. I decided I was going to talk on goals and the importance of them in our lives. I prepared and prepared and decided I was going to talk a little about basketball and how our main goal was the State Championship, but we had smaller goals that we had to achieve each day to achieve our big goal. I related it to the mission. Hermana Cheney and I set a goal for this month to baptize five people and then we set smaller goals to help us achieve our big one, and it worked! Anyways that's not the point. The point is it was some really hard Spanish, but I prayed and prayed that I would be able to do it, and when I gave the lesson, my Spanish was almost perfect! Everyone in the district was amazed! My Spanish has really progressed a lot, and a lot of people are telling me that I don't even seem like I'm still in my training anymore! The gift of tongues is REAL!!

We also had intercambios (exchanges) again this week! This time, I stayed in our area while Hermana Cheney went to the area of the Hna Liders for a day! It was super cool! I was really nervous before, because I wasn't sure if I knew our area well enough and could teach the people well enough, but the day went by awesome! I was with Hermana Tanner, and she was amazed at how well it went! She told me my Spanish is awesome, and it doesn't even seem like I'm in my training anymore! It was so nice to get some feedback, and I really feel like now if Hermana Cheney gets transferred here in the next few weeks, I'll be just fine! I mean, obvs I'll miss her tons, but I'll live!  

Anyways that's what's been happening this week! It was an awesome week, and I'm having the time of my life here in Paraguay! I love ya all have an awesome week!

Love, Hermana Amby Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment