Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 10, 2014

Semana 11!!!


Familia y Amigas,

This week was great!! We had 3 baptisms! Nilda Yanina y Fernando Fleitas all got baptized this week! It was honestly one of the coolest baptisms I've had! Nilda is such an amazing person. They went to the temple with the Familia Pando this Saturday before their baptism, and we got the chance to talk to them about it afterwards, and Nilda just wants to go to the temple with her husband some day. We talked a lot about the blessings of the temple and told her that someday her husband would follow her example and be baptized. Their baptism was also AWESOME!! Anyways, Nilda´s awesome.  

We saw a lot of miracles this week but the biggest one has to be a contact we had on Wednesday. For some reason, this Wednesday, we were in a part of our area that we're almost never in, but we contacted this house and started to teach a grandma and her middle aged daughter named Maria about baptism Long story short, we found out that Maria is a inactive member and she has a daughter named Elsie who is 10 and hasn't been baptized! We met Elsie this last Saturday and she accepted a baptism date for thisupcoming Saturday! I don't know how we find these people and baptize them but WE DO!!! We are definitely guided by the spirit, that's for sure!

We also planned an awesome activity this week called a Capilla Abierta. We basically had a tour of the church and explained the stuff that we believe in. The senior missionaries put it on, but the other hermanas in our district and Hermana Cheney and I lead the tours. We did a practice run before, and I don't know what happened to me, but I couldn't speak Spanish, and I was super nervous...  It was pretty much horrible. But after the practice, I did a tour with Hermana Urie (Another hermana in our district) and it was WAY spiritual! My Spanish was almost perfect, and a few people were even crying; the spirit was so strong!  I've learned that if I can just think of the people and what they need, the Spanish comes...  Its INSANE but it works! If I just go by the Spirit, my Spanish is just fine, but the second I start to worry about it, I start to have problems.

After the Capilla Abierta we were talking with the elders, and our District Leader Elder Cortes was talking to me, and he said that I'm a lot different than I was when I first got here...  I didn't really understand what he meant, but Hermana Cheney told me after that I have really changed a lot. I'm a lot more confident in myself or something! Feels weird to have people tell you that, but I guess the mission really does change you!

Anyways, that's about it! Things are going great as always! We´re going to have 3 baptisms this Saturday which is awesome! Norma y Karol and Elsie! Life is good in the mission! Oh one more thing I'm reading this book Hna Cheney gave me titled Calling on The Powers of Heaven and it is awesome! Changing my life! Highly recommend it if anyone's interested...  :)  Love you all have an awesome week!

Love, Hna Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment