Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Friday, August 1, 2014

Semana Dos (Week 2!)


Family and Amigas,

Dad, you said you wanted honesty so I'm going to be honest. This week was harder than last. I didn't tell you about these guys last week, but I made some new friends really fast when I very first got here. There were six American sisters already here when I showed up and I became really good friends with all of them in bassically ten days. They remind me a lot of my friends back home and I think that's probably why we got so close so fast. Anyway, I had so much fun with them and then they left the MTC on Tuesday morning and suddenly my companions and I are the only American sisters here until later today when two more show up. I've been pretty homesick without those guys. I'll tell you a little about them so you understand.



Hermana Border is from North Salt Lake and was probably one of the funniest people I know. She was constantly cracking jokes and making people laugh. We spent a lot of time just chatting about home and stuff the last little while. Hermana Jones is another one that I feel really close with all of a sudden. She was a cheerleader at BYU (Hannah maybe you've  heard of her?) Anyway, she's way cool and we just kind of get each other. She grew up in a sports home and always watched football on Sundays and stuff so we could relate really well. There's also a Sister Wiscomb that I got to be really good friends with.  She was awesome and I'm so glad I got to know her. She's a little older for a sister, like 20 I think, but she is way cool. All of us would stay up after hours (I'm a rebel I know) and have heart to hearts like I used to with my friends back home. Needless to say, I was sad to see them go, but I'm sure I'll see them again in the future. I don't think that was the end!  It was so cool to get to know them.  That's one thing I'm going to learn on my mission. I think you say goodbye to people you love and care about all the time, and it hurts every stinking time!  I'm doing better today though. Oh, and BTW, those three that I told you about are all serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. I'm hoping I run into them sometime in the next few months cause it would be awesome!

Another goodbye that was hard this week was the Latinas in our room. We got to be pretty close with them and they taught us SO MUCH SPANISH!!!!! I learned more from Hermana Sanchez and Barridos than I did in the classroom. That goodbye was really weird because I'll probably never see those two again. I think I'll be having a lot of those in the next 18 months and that's going to be hard.

Also, I kind of feel like I'm getting worse and worse at Spanish. The first two weeks you just speak as much as you can and don't care about the grammar. Now I know all the rules and I'm a little less confident because of it. I'm still working hard though, and I know it'll pay off in the end. It's gonna be a work in progress.

Anyway, that's pretty much it for the week. It's  been kind of a rough few days but I think I'll be moving up from now on!  (At least until I leave the MTC.) One more thing, we're going PROSELYTIZING on Saturday!!!!!! They're letting us out of prison to go preach to actual people for four hours!  (haha) I know I'm not in prison but I feel like it sometimes. The MTC is tiny and we can't leave the grounds! My new friends had lots of fun stories from proselytizing and I'm excited for that!

Also another funny story. The Latino elders are obsessed with American sisters! It's creepy, I know, but they all have crushes on us and everything. I feel like a celebrity. They're always asking to have their picture taken with us. They think we're really pretty. I'll try and send pictures soon to help you understand a little. Basically I'm a really attractive person in Argentina, which is REALLY weird.


I also want to thank mom and dad for the candy really fast! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUP IN SOUTH AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My friends were so happy to see those and we used to eat them all the time.  (hint: If you want to send me a package, REESES will always be a good thing to send.) I'm going to have withdrawals when I run out and I'm not looking forward to it.

That's all I have for this week. I love you guys and I miss you.  Thank you for writing, and keep writing!  P-day emails are a huge part of what keeps me going! I print them off and read them over and over!

Love you all!

Hermana Austin



No comments:

Post a Comment