Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Semana 70!!!


Hola!

So wow...  I can´t even explain all I´m feeling right now. (haha) I can´t believe I´m gonna be home in less than two weeks! It´s the weirdest feeling honestly, but, hey yeah, it´s fine! 
Last week was great! We had Intercambios with the Hna Lideres on Wednesday, which was way fun. (haha) I was with a Hermana that has less time than me, which was interesting. She´s one of the few Hnas I didn´t know, so I was kinda nervous, but at the beginning of the day she was just like, ¨I just feel like this Intercambio's for me to learn from you!¨ I was kinda shocked, not gonna lie! (haha) I realized she was probably kinda nervous to be with me too, and after that we hit it off! She really helped us a lot in our area, and we were both able to learn from each other. That´s one of the cool things about the mission. It doesn´t matter how much time someone has or how much experience, you can always learn something new from other Hermanas, or missionaries in general. Anyways that was really fun, I also got to see Hna Bennett again which was great! I love her tons!
New Years!!! Okay, New Years Eve was SO CRAZY! We had dinner with a couple in our area! They can´t have kids, so they ask all the missionaries to call them Mama y Papa! They take SUCH good care of us! Anyways, Papa made us Asado de carne y pollo, y Chorizo. (Basically just a big BBQ with any meat you could want) It was SO good! So we ate and then came home and slept! (hahaha) So at like 12:30, I woke up and was SWEATING! I looked up, and our AC was off, so I grabbed the remote and tried to turn it back on...nothing, nada, zip, zilch... I looked outside and there wasn't a streetlight in sight lit up. NO ELECTRICITY!!! Oh my gosh, we were dying of heat! Can you guys imagine being hot right now? So, anyways, we´re laying there trying to sleep, sweating, and Hermana Nielsen jumps up all of a sudden and is like, ¨I´m going to bring up a fan, do you want one?¨ I sat up and said ¨Hermana. We don´t have ELECTRICITY!!¨ (HAHAHA) I said it kinda sassily but I was so fed up with the heat, I didn´t even realize. (hahaha) Whoops, guess I need to work on being more charitable... FYI the electricity came back at about 2... No biggie! 
So yeah, we've been working really hard to find nuevos but are not seeing fast progress, we´re seeing progress but not like I´d like... (haha) It´s kinda a pain, but I was sitting in Relief Society yesterday thinking about how we hadn't had investigators come to church, when a Hna started talking about her sister that needed extra help. All of the Hnas started offering support when Hna Patiño raised her hand and said, ¨I think we should go visit this hermana!¨ The Spirit just hit me so hard and I just thought, ¨Look what you've done, reactivating this family means so much to Heavenly Father. Don´t worry about the rest, leave it in his hands, he´s gonna take care of it!¨ Presidente Wilson said in a Leadership Council once that ¨A family Reactivated are like CONVERTS to the Lord!¨ I know without a doubt that´s true! The people that are lost are just as important as those who don´t know where to find the truth! 
So yeah!  It was a good week! Can´t BELIEVE this time next week I´ll be writing my last letter! AHH! Crazy! Love you all thanks for your prayers have a great week!!
Hermana Austin
PONDERIZE!!!!  Moroni 9:6  (I´m too lazy to write it out... just go looke it up its great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment