Write Me!!!

amberly.austin@myldsmail.net

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Semana 13!!!


Wow what a crazy week! You all know I got a new companion on Wednesday, and she´s AWESOME! Her name´s Hermana Hidalgo, and she's from Salvador! She's great, and she's Latina! We only speak Spanish! (haha) It's been insane, a little hard to be honest, but it's all good. She's been super patient with me this week. I have been a little stressed, 'cause I'm the only one that knows our area, the members, and the investigators. We're learning really fast how to work together though, and she's a hard worker, so I can´t complain...  Thank heavens!  

We are going to have a baptism this Saturday!!!! (haha) Her name is Nicole, and she's awesome. She's the little sister of one of the converts of Hermana Cheney, his name's Giovanni, and we´re working with her and their mom right now. Their moms name is Olga, and she's awesome as well. She is going to get baptized the 12th of December! She just has to get married first...  We talked to her about it yesterday, and she told us that she's going to talk to her esposo and let us know. Pray for her please!! She's the most amazing lady, and she came to church yesterday and told us she had an awesome time. She just has to have the desire to get married!  

So, like I said, I was a little stressed this week 'cause we don´t have a whole lot of investigators that we can work with, and Hermana Hidalgo doesn't know our area. But Sunday rolled around, and in the mish, Sundays are always big days because we get to see which of our investigators are progressing. It's a little nerve wracking to be honest. Anyways, Sunday comes around and we went to pick up one of our investigators for church. Her name's Gloria, and shes awesome too. I'll write about her another day. Anyways, Gloria really wants to come to church so we took her to church with us and we're praying that Olga and Nicole would come too. We got to church and Olga and Nicole weren't there, and I was super bummed. We went to Relief Society and then Sunday School, and then after Sunday School we went outside of the church to call Olga. I called her and she told me that they were waiting for the bus and would be at church in like 15 minutes! I have never been so happy in my life! Olga and Nicole and their other sister Sabrina all came to church this Sunday, and it was awesome! I really learned that if we do all that we can to get our investigators to church, Heavenly Father provides a way!  

Anyways that's about it for this week! Love you all, and I'm doing well, adjusting to the new comp and all! Hope you all have an awesome week! Pray for Olga, por favor!

Hermana Amby Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment